La Mode + tattered rose tutorial

Tattered Layered Rose Tutorial

I am still having fun tea dyeingfabric and lace so wanted toshow you a tutorial on aTattered Layered Rose ~
First I cut 2 differentfabrics and one sheer fabricinto 2 inch strips about1.5 yards long ~

Then gather the each fabric strip right on one edge( don't gather the sheer strip )~ I used my ruffler footwhich I pretty much love!
After they are gathered I cut snipsabout every 1.5 inches randomly and ripped each snipalmost to the gathered edge ~

Then tea dye the fabric andlet dry in the sunshine ~

Next stack all the layers withthe shear on top and stitch through all ~


Be careful that all of thefabric is straightened and not bunched up ~it can be bunchy since it was tea dyed ~

Then follow my directions here for how to glue the rose,which I glued it on canvas ~

Next cut random pieces of lace, ribbon and dyed fabricand glue it to the underneath side ~


Then cut a circle to fit out of canvas andglue it on top of the ribbons ~

After that I tied a vintage skeleton keyto one of the ribbons and glued a pin on the back ~


That is it!A fluffy tattered rose ❤