La Mode + VINTAGE

Monday | La Mode
  • I'm working on a little something, and it got me started thinking about vintage, and all the different eras that seem relevant right now, esp the 20's, 90's & 40's (I am ignoring the 80's that were also big part of A/W shows because it looks tired and I am hoping that since we have been seeing it for several seasons, it will finally go away). With the
  • Very excited to announce that the
  • I like the color and hazy feeling of these vintage slides,
  • Put this in the why didn't I think of that file.
  • Just wanted to show some graphic home goods today- there is so much great stuff out there and just like in apparel, there's a huge upswing in graphic presence in the world of interiors. I like how an unexpected graphic print feels young in the mix with other pattern and textures. Too much and it will look like a dorm room, but a little is nice. Graphic Pillows are from Etsy sellers
  • Nothing cuter than a girl in a graphic tee. Happy to see more tees than ever in mags, on the blogs, on the runways. I like the type driven conversation tees, getting tired of seeing kid's cereal boxes and david bowie's face all over the place. Pics courtesy of
  • Two of my favorite things- the
  • I always think it's funny when designers are referred to as rebels or rockstars or bad boys or whatever, but in this case, it might just be true.
  • Watching all the ladies stampede down the Fall 09 catwalks in pair after pair of gloves brought to mind one of the best uses of inspiration I have ever seen. Years ago, when I was in Philly on the
  • I know I've been textile heavy a bit recently. Blame it on the runways...the
  • After spending last week looking at the
  • Awhile back, when I featured
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • A while back I was asked what things I couldn't live without... These
  • Lovely handmade Ralli quilts! Pictures from
  • The Grand Entrance
  • The book I bought on my visit.
  • Beautiful butterflies.
  • Closeup.
  • Entomology room pre-fire.
  • Entomology Room post-fire
  • Photobucket
  • Photobucket
  • Hermes limited edition scarf for Deyrolle
  • It was butterflies that had me thinking about Deyrolle, and in my research, I found the
  • These crazy
  • Get ready to spend the rest of the day on this
  • grant cornett
  • Linda Aldredge
  • marc hundley
  • Las Pozas
  • I think I need a vacation, because all I have been thinking about is disappearing into the jungles of Mexico to find
  • Love these tattered
  • Have to share one of my favorite sources for graphic inspiration.
  • Link
  • Since tonight my lovely and amazing friend
  • This weekend Apartment Therapy came by our place to shoot for their upcoming small spaces book, and they took this great little
  • I found these
  • Axel Koester
  • Axel Koester
  • Free City Tokyo
  • Axel Koester
  • Axel Koester