La Mode + ruffler

Flea Market Tote Tutorial

It is Flea Market time !!!

I love big flea market totes

but having your money

at quick and easy access is a

really good thing :)

This is a tutorial

on making a little bag for just that ~

The first step is to buy a tote which

can be found at most craft stores ~

Then, I am a ruffle kind of gal

so I used my ruffler that

I just love ~ I got mine here ~

This is my sweet sister's shop :)

It is easiest for me just to ruffle

a bunch at a time making it

any width you like ~

Then I used the Citra Solv transfer method

to transfer my image on to the tote ~

You have to use a printer that uses toner

to print out the image or it won't transfer ~

Then I cut my ruffle to the size

I wanted and you can either

sew or glue it on ~

I love to use Fabri Fix because it dries fast

and is washable ~

You can add any embellishments

you would like ~ I added a

little rolled rose that I glued on

and an old key tied to the top ~

That is all !!

Have fun flea marketing !!

If you don't want to make your own,

I will have them for

sale on my website here ~

Added later today :)

This is just another example

of one without the

transfer but more ruffles ~

You can get the little charms here ~