La Mode + VINTAGE

Charm Tutorial

I have been having fun making charms so I

wanted to show you how to do them ~

The first thing is to get a blank charm ~

Then you decide what you want to put in the charm as far as

an image ~ I used a little piece of vintage sheet music

and a rose charm that I cut the ring off of~

It is kind of tricky getting the image to fit

exactly on the inside so I just

measured the inside and cut ~

I kept trimming it until it fit ~

You can find tons and tons of images online and some are

already sized for you ~

The next step is to glue your image down and

then glue your

little charm to the top of that ~

I used jewelry tweezers to hold the

charm and place it which helps a ton ~

Then I used a product called DG3 Art Gel

( you can get it on amazon )

This you will use to fill in your charm ~

It may get little bubbles so you just

poke those with a paint brush or a

straight pin to pop them ~

There are several different

products out there right now

that work great to fill the charm in ~

The gel shrinks a bit so after it dries

you may need to put another layer ~

Give it a couple hours drying time

between laters ~

That is it !!

There are tons and tons of different things

you can do with the charm blanks ~

You can find some on my website

and I will be adding more ~