La Mode + Mercury glass

Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas

This year I wanted allof my Christmas decoratingto be creams, burlap, mercury glass and greens ~

The challenge was totake things I had andkind of recreate themand also to use thingsthat I had aroundmy home already ~

We have an artificial tree but I wanted fresh greensfor the awesome smell ~I went to Lowes and theygave me cuttings thatwere just laying aroundfrom their fresh Christmas trees ~ It wasawesome!! I leftwith an armload ~

Then I got some of my oldglass ornaments andwashed them in warm sudsywater to make themturn into a wonderfulmercury glass ~

Next I took a wreath thatwas shoved in the atticand took off all the olddecorations ~

Then I addedclippings from the greensall over and used some hydrangeablossoms that were stillon bushes ~ Then added some of themercury balls thatI had washed ~

This is our mantel withstocking for my preciousgrand babies ~

I am still using thehydrangeas thatI showed you in this post ~The colors have fadedbut they work great for my tree ~

My armful of greenshelped create all of these simple littleChristmas vignettes and it smells great!

Have fun decorating!

hugs,
Lori