La Mode + sunglasses

Today I'm Looks Like a Girl...

Ray-Ban Wayfarer

Marika, oh cute little girl. WE GET IT. You gave up everything (job, apartment, blah blah blah) to be here. To go on national television, live in a gorgeous mansion, get your pick of an amazing wardrobe, and fly to destinations that most of us can only dream of. I want to like you. I really do, but you're going to need to cut it with the everything you gave up routine. It could already be a drinking game.

Either way, I have found myself sucked into the summer drama that is The Bachelorette. I can't help it. I was vulnerable. Lost had just ended and Chris Harrison caught me at a weak moment. But, if nothing else, it is an excuse to get together with some of the girls every Monday night just to relax and catch up. So, I guess one way or another The Bachelorette is actually bringing people closer together. I just better see some killer date outfits in the process. I also already bought my ticket to go see Sex and the City 2 on Thursday!! Carrie and the girls drama + popcorn and sugary, overpriced snacks = entertainment heaven.

If you have ever met me, you know that I'm all about the jeans and t-shirts

In fact, the more comfortable the better. But now that I seem to run into someone I know (or have dated) EVERY SINGLE TIME I step out of the house, I decided it's probably best to strive for a less dumpy version of my daytime look. Since I praised Carrie's casual look, I just had to throw some love to Rachel Bilson and her backup sandals. I guess I really need to go jean shorts shopping now...

Ray-Ban Sunglasses

With the up and down weather in my area, I'm always on the lookout for some lightweight sleeves. Wouldn't these be perfect for a chilly night on the back porch with friends, beer, and burgers? Probably should throw a Tide Stain Stick in there since said burgers and beer always have a habit of finding their way onto anything white.

I like to think that I have some sense when it comes to making good wardrobe choices. I show restraint when needed and even make returns after the initial infatuation wears off, the tags are still on, and I'm left with that "what was I thinking" feeling.

I'm like a lost puppy when it comes to picking out "it" bags

Although, I have to admit, I have one weakness... bags. They are the kryptonite to my Superman. The "I Know Who Killed Me" to my Lindsay Lohan. In fact, I'm already cringing at this very post. However, it's time to up my game. I'm starting my big girl job soon, and I don't know that my JanSport circa freshman year (yes, of high school) is really going to scream "takes her job seriously but won't sacrifice every ounce of her creativity or cuteness." So, here it goes. I think I should go with something more classic with maybe one trendy or "wow factor" to it. I tried. Forgive me for the blah-ness.

Don't get me wrong, the girls are gorgeous; but, I'm probably one of the few people that buy the issue for what is in between the cleavage. Immediately after going through the issue, I started hitting up the websites of jewelry designers such as Via Snella, Sydney Evan, Lana Jewelry, Camilla Dietz Bergeron, and Chan Luu. I love how the stylist manages to layer different metals, leathers, and beads without making the girls look like they got accessory-happy with their mom's jewelry box. Oh, who the hell am I kidding? These girls would make a gum band and a scrunchie look good.