La Mode + VINTAGE

Lavender Sachet Tutorial

Remember the lavender that I brought home from California ~

It smells soooo good !

I have been making lavender sachets with it that have been alot

of fun to do ~

This is just a quick tutorial on how to make them ~

They are easy peasy !

First start with a piece of fabric ( I use vintage that I have tea dyed ) ~

Stamp the image or images you would like to use ~

I tear the edges so that they will fray ~

Next with another piece of fabric cut the size you want it to be ~

This one is 7.5 by 10 inches giving me 1/4 inch seam allowances ~

Sew on your stamped image pieces ~

Then fold your fabric in half right sides together leaving

a space at the bottom to turn and stuff it ~

When you are done sewing turn it right side out, iron

and stuff with just a little batting and I put 2 generous

spoonfuls of lavender ~

Next turn in the raw edges of your open spot and sew ~

I use my machine because then I am going to sew on lace so

it is okay ~ You can hand sew it if you would like ~

The next step is to embellish with whatever little things that

you want ~ On this one I used gathered tea stained dryer sheets,

seam binding and vintage buttons ~

I also like to stamp the fabric after it is sewn but before the

stuffing ~

It is fun and they smell yummy !

If you don't want to make them yourself

then you can find them at Katies Rose Cottage ~