La Mode + style

She's Got Guts Challenge

So I told you a couple posts back

about Funky Junk Interiors

"She's Got Guts" challenge ~

It was to take something random

and do something with it that

you might not normally think of ~

Today is the link party day!!

Remember the grain buckets that

I got a couple of weeks ago ?

I knew that my challenge had to be

with those ~ So I went out to

my workshop and just

grabbed stuff that has been out

there forever ~

We have been redoing our bathroom

and my studio ~ I needed some

farmhouse style things for those

rooms so that is where my brain was

headed ~

The first thing is this wayyyy awesome

basket that I found at a flea market ~

It is perfect for a

studio organization piece ~

I tied on two of the grain buckets

and used them for buttons and pictures ~

Now I love it even more than I did before!!

The next thing was for

a blank wall in our bathroom

that I really couldn't figure

out what to put on it ~

This old frame worked great with

hanging grain buckets ~ I put in chunky

farmhouse soaps and a candle that

is battery operated {I love those! }~

Lastly was for our

other bathroom ~ I took an old

door front and repainted it with

Old White Chalk Paint and put some

dark wax and clear wax ~ Then attached

the grain buckets to it for more

soaps and another candle ~

It was a great thing to

stretch my imagination and do

things that I really hadn't thought

of before ~